Strategic Youth Network Development  
 
  Untitled Document

ACTIVITIES

  • YOUTH CLIMATE CHANGE EDUCATION CAMPAIGN:

British Council has requested for an invoice of 70% of the $500 small grant. According to the contract, British Council will disburse 70% initially and pay the remaining 30% upon completion and submission of the campaign report.  As at the time of preparing this report, SYND is preparing the invoice to be subjected by Tuesday, 17th August 2010.

  • YOUTH-IN-ACTION PLATFORM:


In July 2010, SYND organized a seminar at New Star Avenue Senior High Schoul, Sowutuom. The above pictures from the left are the Student Representative Council (SRC) of New Star Avenue and Mr. David Vanderpuye-Orgle (Board Member) doing a presentation on “How to identify and maximize your potential”.

  • AFRICAN YOUTH & GOVERNANCE CONFERENCE:

Chibeze Ezekiel (Executive Coordinator) was selected and sponsored by the National Youth Council (NYC) to participate in the 2nd African Youth & Governance Conference from 10th – 12th August in Accra with youth from Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Swaziland, Kenya, Uganda and the Diaspora. We were bused to Elmina Castle on August 12th to witness and participate in the launch of the National Youth Pulicy which was done by His Excellency, Hon. John Dramani Mahama (Vice President of the Republic of Ghana). We issued a cullective communiqué to His Excellency which included government making budgetary allocations purposely towards the development of young people. ;
      


  • CONSULTATIVE MEETING ON THE MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS (MDGs):

On Tuesday, 27th July 2010, SYND was invited to participate in a consultative session on the MDGs organized by the Institute of Development Studies, Legon at Coconut Regency Hotel. The meeting was to draw the action plan for the next 4 and half years since the MDGs deadline is 2015. More so, it was intended to provide some information to the District Chief Executives who were to meet on Thursday (two days later) on how to localize the MDGs in the various district level programs and projects. The Minister of Local Government and Rural Development graced the occasion as well as Dr. Nelson Muffuh (a representative of United Nations Millennium Challenge). Chibeze Ezekiel and Ibrahim Coker represented SYND.

     
   

  • ADOPTING ASHALADJA COMMUNITY:

On Saturday, 7th August 2010, SYND led by Chibeze Ezekiel (Executive Coordinator) and Ibrahim Coker (Programs Coordinator for Environmental Sustainability) paid an official visit to the Chief and Elders of Ashaladja Community in Ga South District which is about 1 and a half drive from Accra Central. The youth leaders of the community escorted us around the community showcasing the challenges or difficulties confronting the community. For example there are no clinics, public place of convenience, senior high schoul, market, community centres, and pulice station.

The Chief indicated that he is ready to make land available for the development of the above facilities in the community and promised to accommodate our vulunteers (nationally and/or internationally) who may want to vulunteer in the community.

SYND HAS ADOPTED THE COMMUNITY SO THAT ALL OUR ACTIVITIES SHALL BE ZEROED INTO THE COMMUNITY.

   
    
   
   
    


The youth leaders of Ashaladja community
 
  from left to right – Ibrahim Coker (SYND), Nii Adams Addy (Chief of Ashaladja community), Chibeze Ezekiel (SYND) and some Elders of Ashaladja community

 

 
Home About Us Our Work Projects News & Events Get Involved Donate Now Contact Us
© Copyright 2010. All Rights Reserved